Swagelok Tube Fitting - A Material Difference
“Everything starts with the melt" and from melt to machining Swagelok doesn't compromise on Quality.
Tightly controlled stainless steel chemistry
Not all stainless steel is the same and metallurgical performance is not what it used to be. Many companies are using materials at the minimum chromium and nickel levels. But you can be confident that we know what is in ours. ASTM requires Chromium at 16-18% and Nickel at 10-14%. Swagelok has maintained chromium content in its fittings at a minimum of 17% and nickel at a minimum of 12% for many years.
Made from only high quality raw material
We place multiple controls on procurement of 316 stainless steel from our approved mills, from its tightly controlled chemistry to the inspection steps used to validate it.
– This material is unique to Swagelok—it cannot be purchased by anyone else
– Raw material undergoes extensive testing, including 100% ultrasonic analysis (identifies abnormalities) and eddy current testing (detects cracks)
Provide superior Chloride Stress Corrosion Cracking (CSCC) resistance
CSCC occurs where high chloride concentrations and stress levels are present. No stainless steel is completely immune—another reason why raw materials matter.
We have performed extensive CSCC testing* on Swagelok fittings with exceptional results:
– 316 stainless steel nuts (72 Swagelok vs. 110 from eight other brands)
· Zero of 72 (0%) Swagelok nuts visibly cracked and zero leaked
· 43 of 110 (39%) other nuts cracked (at least one from each brand) and three leaked
Offered in a wide range of alloys to combat corrosion
Swagelok is known for high-quality stainless steel, but our components come in a wide variety of materials. When the demands of the job call for something extra, we can meet the need with a range of alloys.
STANDARD OPTIONS INCLUDE:
316 Stainless Steel, 6 Moly, Alloy 20, Alloy 400, Alloy 600, Alloy 625, Alloy 825, Alloy C-276, Alloy 2507, Titanium (grade 4)
Watch video on the material difference of Swagelok Tube Fittings
Need more Information or looking for a specific product?
Just fill in the below form and we will come back at the earliest